I’ve always kept a Bucket List tucked away in journals and over the years have added to them and crossed accomplishments off, but have yet to make it public. Just as I believe goals should be made public to keep you accountable, so should the biggest things you want to do before you die.
I’ve recently been inspired by the 4 boys of The Buried Life to make my bucket list known and start crossing things off the list.
My Bucket List: 101 Things to do before I Die (in no particular order):
1. Learn to Kayak
2. Run a
10km (Complete! I ran the Vancouver Sunrun, Sunday April 15th with a time of 53:46.5), half-marathon (Complete! I ran the lululemon SeaWheeze half marathon, Saturday, August 11th with a time of 2:08:51.8), a marathon & triathlon
3. Own a dog
4. Fall in love
Buy a bicycle Borrowed/bought/crashed :) Summer 2015
6. Backpack through Europe
Land my dream job I am now the Communications Assistant for the Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation starting 07/06/11
8. Go skydiving
9. Meet the boys (they know who they are)
Love myself This happened, over time since I started this bucket list
Move to Vancouver Moved on 01/03/11
12. Practice yoga regularly
13. Have a family
14. Learn to relax
Own my own business check! Amanda Munro Consulting, incorporated as of July 1, 2015
Volunteer for an important cause Currently volunteer with several: the YWCA, the Minerva Foundation, WCTBC and CPRS
17. Visit NYC. Stay at the Plaza hotel, see a musical and run through central park
18. Reach my ideal body shape and weight
19. Drink red wine everyday
Start investing – check!
21. Pay off my car DONE as of April 2013
22. Find the perfect life balance
23. Be apart of a positive social movement that inspires people to live healthy, happy and active lives
24. Be passionate
25. Make my life matter
Sit on a beach down south and drink margaritas all day – Jamaica 2013!
27. Have/Be a mentor
28. Fly in a helicopter Had a helicopter tour around Vancouver on September 7, 2012.
29. Be on the radio Spoke on the radio about self-motivation.
30. Be on TV
31. Have dinner with a celebrity
32. Graduate from university Graduated with my BPR. October, 2010.
33. Go on a blind date
34. Become a sommelier
35. Spontaneously go the airport, book a flight and go to random destination
36. Build a house with Habitat for Humanity
37. Start a social movement on something you believe in
38. Be on the cover of a newspaper (other than when I was 3)
39. Drive a motorcycle
40. Visit Paris and be a tourist for a day
41. Dive the Great Barrier Reef
42. Be my own boss – check!
43. See Three Days Grace in concert Saw them on March 21st, 2011 at the Commodore Ballroom in Vancouver
44. Send my parents on an all paid vacation
45. Pay for a stranger’s groceries
46. Grow my own vegetables
47. Visit a coffee growing farm on the Island of Sumatra
48. Learn to rollerblade
49. Volunteer on a regular basis with children (am a Wisdom Champion for the YWCA program, Welcome to My Life mentoring grade 7 girls on body image, self confidence, relationships and values)
50. Get on the Ellen Show
51. Do 10 consecutive pullups
52. Go bungee jumping Whistler bungee on 20/04/14
More to come… stay tuned.