With so much on my mind with jobs and money lately, I really wanted to reflect and reinforce something that is very important to me; appreciating everything in my life. It was a beautiful day today, I had 10 thousand tasks to accomplish (I promise a more in-depth explanation is to come VERY soon!) as normal but I made sure I took time to relax in the sun and workout. I’ve realized that living a great life is all about finding your balance and for my own sanity I need to accomplish certain things throughout my day, everyday.
I know that life gets busy and certain parts of your day gets higher priority, but I truly think that the key to living out your dream life is to find that balance. Everyone’s balance is different and is made up of different things, so I thought I’d share this article I found a few weeks back. Some of these tips seem impossible to achieve, but if you want something the only person standing in your way of achieving them is you.
The author, Robin Sharma, explains that “ultimately, life goes by in a blink. And too many people live the same year 80 times. To avoid getting to the end and feeling flooded regret over a live half-lived, read (and then apply) these tips”:
As a means of reflecting, I will include my comments on some of the tips I feel are important in my life.
1. Exercise daily. <- ULTRA IMPORTANT. I cannot stress enough the importance of daily exercise and how it can and will change your life.
2. Get serious about gratitude.
3. See your work as a craft.I take pride in my skills and feel that I have a lot to offer. I know money is important, but I truly believe that to achieve the great life balance, you need to love what you do – work included.
4. Expect the best and prepare for the worst. Check! Always plan and always have a back up plan!
5. Keep a journal. Voila my blog! – check!
6. Read “The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin”. <- on my to-do list.
7. Plan a schedule for your week. I always keep a schedule!
8. Know the 5 highest priorities of your life. … I think I need to work on figuring this out for sure.
9. Say no to distractions. THIS IS SO HARD – but needs to be done.
10. Drink a lot of water. <- Ultra important, you will notice a huge difference in your body and mind.
11. Improve your work every single day.
12. Get a mentor.
13. Hire a coach.
14. Get up at 5 am each day. I hope to be able to in the near future
15. Eat less food.
16. Find more heroes.
17. Be a hero to someone.
18. Smile at strangers.I do this on a daily basis!
19. Be the most ethical person you know.
20. Don’t settle for anything less than excellence. I never do.
21. Savor life’s simplest pleasures.Everyday
22. Save 10% of your income each month. <- On my to-do list…waiting on the steady income!
23. Spend time at art galleries.
24. Walk in the woods.
25. Write thank you letters to those who’ve helped you. <- Noted.
26. Forgive those who’ve wronged you. I’ve done this. It’s not easy, but will take loads off of your shoulders.
27. Remember that leadership is about influence and impact, not title and accolades. Touché.
28. Create unforgettable moments with those you love. You should experience this more often without even thinking about it.
29. Have 5 great friends. Check :)
30. Become stunningly polite.
31. Unplug your TV.
32. Sell your TV.
33. Read daily.
34. Avoid the news. Too hard for me. I need to know what’s going on and upcoming trends.
35. Be content with what you have. We all need to learn this.
36. Pursue your dreams.Check! :)
37. Be authentic. Always.
38. Be passionate.I know nothing but living out my passions. The way I see it is: I don’t care what you are passionate about, but find out what it is and be passionate – have passion that makes you achieve your personal goals.
39. Say sorry when you know you should.
40. Never miss a moment to celebrate another.
41. Have a vision for your life.
42. Know your strengths. And confidently let them shine :)
43. Focus your mind on the good versus the lack.
44. Be patient. I STRUGGLE with this.
45. Don’t give up.Never!
46. Clean up your messes.
47. Use impeccable words.
48. Travel more. <- working on this one!
49. Read “As You Think”.
50. Honor your parents.
51. Tip taxi drivers well.
52. Be a great teammate. Always recognize this and you will become a better person.
53. Give no energy to critics. Love yourself unconditionally.
54. Spend time in the mountains. Hello, Vancouver :)
55. Know your top 5 values. <- Take time to figure this out!
56. Shift from being busy to achieving results.
57. Innovate and iterate. Love this one.
58. Speak less. Listen more.
59. Be the best person you know.
60. Make your life matter.I’m working on this as we speak.
How many of these tips have you already incorporated into your life? What are your most important tips for living your great life?
Make it a goal to work on incorporating at least 5 more this month and recognize how they change your life!
60 Tips for a Stunningly Great Life was written by Robin Sharma and posted on his blog in December, 2010. According to his website, Robin Sharma is the globally celebrated author of 11 international bestselling books on leadership and has many other wonderful articles on his website that you should check out!